Menelabs O.E. is committed to ensuring the security and privacy of our customers' data.
This Security Incident Response Policy outlines the procedures and responsibilities to
effectively respond to and manage security incidents that may occur within our SaaS applications.
The policy is designed to minimize the impact of security incidents, protect customer data,
and ensure timely resolution.
This policy applies to all employees and shareholders of Menelabs O.E. involved in the development, maintenance,
and support of the SaaS application. The policy covers all security incidents, regardless of severity,
that occur within our application infrastructure.
Security Incident Levels
Menelabs O.E. defines two security incident levels: Low and High. The severity level of an incident will be determined based on its potential impact on the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data.
Low-Level Incidents: Incidents with limited impact on the application's security, functionality, or customer data.
High-Level Incidents: Incidents that pose a significant risk to the application's security, functionality, or customer data.
Incident Response Team
To ensure a prompt and effective response to security incidents, Menelabs O.E. establishes an Incident Response Team (IRT).
The IRT consists of the following roles and responsibilities:
Incident Manager: Oversees the incident response process, coordinates the activities of the IRT, and manages internal
and external communications during an incident, including notifications to affected customers, stakeholders, and public relations if necessary.
System Administrator: Responsible for investigating, containing, and remediating security incidents related to the SaaS application infrastructure.
Developer: Responsible for assessing and addressing application-level security vulnerabilities and contributing to incident response efforts.
Incident Response Procedures
- Incident Identification and Reporting
Any employee who identifies or suspects a security incident must report it immediately to the Incident Manager. Incident details should include the nature of the incident,
affected systems or data, and any initial actions taken.
- Incident Assessment and Classification
Upon receiving an incident report, the Incident Manager will assess the incident's severity and classify it as either a Low-Level or High-Level incident, based on predefined criteria. The Incident Manager may consult with the Incident Response Team to determine the appropriate classification.
- Incident Response Actions
The Incident Response Team will follow the appropriate response actions based on the incident's severity level:
- The System Administrator will investigate and assess the incident to determine its scope and impact.
- The System Administrator will take necessary actions to contain and mitigate the incident.
- The Developer will assist in analyzing and addressing any application-level vulnerabilities or weaknesses.
- The Incident Manager will coordinate communication with affected customers, if necessary, and document the incident for future reference.
- The Incident Response Team will follow the same actions as for Low-Level Incidents, with additional urgency and focus on containment and remediation.
- The System Administrator will escalate the incident to the appropriate Azure support team, as necessary, for immediate assistance.
- The Incident Manager will include external experts to the Response Team if required.
- The Incident Manager will communicate the incident to affected customers, ensuring transparency and providing necessary guidance or instructions.
- Incident Resolution and Recovery
The Incident Response Team will work to resolve the incident and restore normal operations as quickly as possible.
They will document all actions taken, including containment measures, remediation steps, and recovery procedures.
- Post-Incident Analysis and Improvement
After an incident is resolved, the Incident Response Team will conduct a post-incident analysis
to identify the root cause, evaluate the effectiveness of the response process,
and implement any necessary improvements to prevent similar incidents in the future.
Training and Awareness
Menelabs O.E. recognizes the importance of ongoing training and awareness to maintain a robust security posture. Regular training sessions
and awareness programs will be conducted for employees to educate them about security best practices,
incident response procedures, and their roles in the event of a security incident.
Menelabs O.E. is committed to continuously improving its security incident response capabilities. This includes reviewing and updating this policy periodically to reflect changes in technology,
regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
By adhering to this Security Incident Response Policy, Menelabs O.E. aims to ensure the protection of customer data, maintain service availability, and respond effectively to security incidents.